Ethiopian News, Current Affairs and Opinion Forum
Belayb

Re: Ascaris playing soccer for 30 years but never won a game let alone a cup ቀጫጫ እግራቸውን ሲያውራጩ ማየት ይዘገንናል

Post by Belayb » 02 Apr 2020, 17:41

In 1980s I know two players of the Ethiopian national foot ball from Eritrea Shoe ( Chama ) namely Negash Teklit and Amanuel Eyasu, and can't forget how effective they were. Both never loss a penality shot.
And let me forward one poem from our fathers and forefathers during patriotic song ( 'fukera' and 'shilela' )
'igru kechin ende Sesa'
'libu mulu ende Anbessa'

Sesa is an animal looking like an antelope. Then let me try to translate,
Thin leg like a Sesa
Courageous like Anbessa (lion )

Having a fatty leg is not that much liked in Amharas community.
I will be thankful you helped me typing the poem in 'geez' alphabets or I am asking the true weyane dw.

Belayb

Re: Ascaris playing soccer for 30 years but never won a game let alone a cup ቀጫጫ እግራቸውን ሲያውራጩ ማየት ይዘገንናል

Post by Belayb » 02 Apr 2020, 21:04

Long ago to be precise the weyane regime and later, didn't closely attend the football performances of Ethiopia, Eritrea can say all Africans football may be of low national feeling because of weyane. Though not shure I think I heard that the Eritrean football team have reached to a final or semifinals last European year. I rather attend European football games, Olympics, world Cycling, ... . To share you on that I know a good habesha player at Spanish laliga, Eritreans best performance on Cycling. I also have seen at Rio Olympics, Brazil a person named Robel Kiros, 'Robel the Whale' who has been crowd's favourite.