Ethiopian News, Current Affairs and Opinion Forum
Ethiopians4cm

The Fate of General Aman Michael Andom and the Eventual Rise of Mengistu Hailemariam

Post by Ethiopians4cm » 25 Jul 2019, 09:49

Seeing General Aman Michael Andom and witnessing his larger than life charisma was the primary reason why I was drawn to join the military. He always looked sharp in his uniform and carried himself with the dignity befitting of a true gentleman. I met Genral Aman for the first time when he came to visit the widow of General Mengistu Neway and her children in in early 1967. I had the pleasure and honor of inviting him for dinner to my house with my wife and at officers’ mess at the Massawa Navy Base. During those 3 days visit, I witnessed first-hand the goodness of his hearth, his passion and decency.

The second time I met General Aman in person was in 1974 under very different circumstances when he became the Chairman of military committee also known as “Dergue”. Upon the overthrow and subsequent assassination of Emperor Haile Selassie, General Aman became the de facto head of state. When he visited Eritrea, I once again hosted him for dinner. He was exploring a peaceful way to end the Eritrean conflict; General Aman believed in the unity of Ethiopia and believed that a true federal system of government was the only way to resolve the Eritrean war.

During his visit to Eritrea, he elected to stay at the Massawa Naval Base where I was stationed. During this time, I had lot of opportunities to raise concerns, feelings, and opinions on both Ethiopia and Eritrea with him. The greatest concern in our discussion centered on the danger posed by the untrained and non-commissioned Military Members of the Committee (Dergue). We both believed and agreed that....continued...

Read full article at: https://ethiopians4cm.org/general-aman- ... ilemariam/

kerenite

Re: The Fate of General Aman Michael Andom and the Eventual Rise of Mengistu Hailemariam

Post by kerenite » 25 Jul 2019, 11:55

Ethiopians4cm wrote:
25 Jul 2019, 09:49
Seeing General Aman Michael Andom and witnessing his larger than life charisma was the primary reason why I was drawn to join the military. He always looked sharp in his uniform and carried himself with the dignity befitting of a true gentleman. I met Genral Aman for the first time when he came to visit the widow of General Mengistu Neway and her children in in early 1967. I had the pleasure and honor of inviting him for dinner to my house with my wife and at officers’ mess at the Massawa Navy Base. During those 3 days visit, I witnessed first-hand the goodness of his hearth, his passion and decency.

The second time I met General Aman in person was in 1974 under very different circumstances when he became the Chairman of military committee also known as “Dergue”. Upon the overthrow and subsequent assassination of Emperor Haile Selassie, General Aman became the de facto head of state. When he visited Eritrea, I once again hosted him for dinner. He was exploring a peaceful way to end the Eritrean conflict; General Aman believed in the unity of Ethiopia and believed that a true federal system of government was the only way to resolve the Eritrean war.

During his visit to Eritrea, he elected to stay at the Massawa Naval Base where I was stationed. During this time, I had lot of opportunities to raise concerns, feelings, and opinions on both Ethiopia and Eritrea with him. The greatest concern in our discussion centered on the danger posed by the untrained and non-commissioned Military Members of the Committee (Dergue). We both believed and agreed that....continued...

michael andom was an ethiopia wey mot dude, a unionist. He was same as his predecessors, zeraay deres and lorenzo taazaz. A good example nowadays is bereket simeon, originally, he hails from eritrea same as them but deep in his heart he is a hardcore ethiopianist.

In eritrea only the offspring of the mahber andinet forefathers, the deqi 40 and the remnants of warlord alula who he left behind admire them and not the majority of eritreans.

Ok! The title of the thread was to highlight the rise of mengistu and andom aman's role. Well this concerns only ethio. Sorry I have no comment

Cheers!
Last edited by kerenite on 25 Jul 2019, 12:16, edited 1 time in total.

sun
Member+

Re: The Fate of General Aman Michael Andom and the Eventual Rise of Mengistu Hailemariam

Post by sun » 25 Jul 2019, 12:13

Ethiopians4cm wrote:
25 Jul 2019, 09:49

Hmm.... 8)

All these in 3 days...?

Anyway what is the point of recycling far removed old dead stories when currently we have lots of living issues to change, improve and then serve the real and living concerns of our common citizens in the horn region and then through that satisfy the needs on the ground because that is what is noble job for the living leaders and citizens.
:P