Ethiopian News, Current Affairs and Opinion Forum
DefendTheTruth
Member+

Ethiopia planning to leapfrog directly into the Era of Digital Transformation; will it succeed?

Post by DefendTheTruth » 15 Aug 2019, 13:25

You remember my post about The 4 Eras? Yes, The Era of the Digital Transformation, which is actually the 3rd Era of the series of major break-throughs.

"As if that was also still not a fundamental breakthrough enough to how we worked and lived the next innovation step already stepped in as the Era of Digital Transformation, here the elapse of time after the 2nd Era was even shorter than between the 1st and the 2nd. This is essentially the time when every forms of information is being digitally captured and processed to facilitate and optimize the way decisions are made in doing business. Here it was especially important to have a massive computing capability and that was enabled by what we came to call Cloud Computing (the mega computing power)."

Actually The Eras are suppossed to be sequential because the preceeding Era lays the foundation of the next Era, conceptually considering.

We also know that Ethiopia simply lacks the needed infrastructure to leap into any of the Eras without the adequate availability of the required infrastructure and resources including a sound feasibility study.

Investing into a science and technology is a highly rewarding undertaking, but we should also keep in mind that it is one of the riskiest of all investments known so far.

Mekuria noted the huge importance and "highest priority" the Ethiopian government gives to investments in the digital transformation.

Ethoash
Senior Member+

Re: Ethiopia planning to leapfrog directly into the Era of Digital Transformation; will it succeed?

Post by Ethoash » 15 Aug 2019, 14:29

DDT,

viewtopic.php?f=17&t=67792&p=413533&hil ... ng#p412120

why not read what i said in 2013 about digital economy .. this is full picture of the economy how u can move forward.. almost everything i said is happening just read it i dont know why Elias put it in open forum is beyond me

DefendTheTruth
Member+

Re: Ethiopia planning to leapfrog directly into the Era of Digital Transformation; will it succeed?

Post by DefendTheTruth » 15 Aug 2019, 15:44

Ethoash wrote:
15 Aug 2019, 14:29
DDT,

viewtopic.php?f=17&t=67792&p=413533&hil ... ng#p412120

why not read what i said in 2013 about digital economy .. this is full picture of the economy how u can move forward.. almost everything i said is happening just read it i dont know why Elias put it in open forum is beyond me
I tried to overflow the long thead but I think you are confusing something you called digital money with a digital transoformation. The whole of the thread is more about how to set up business and finance it, if I got the glimps of it correctly. Of course I don't mean that your idea was/is worthless here.

Digital transformation is a much broader and bigger idea and if you want to get the first idea about it then try to read again my post about "The 4 Eras", which I linked already above.

Ethoash
Senior Member+

Post by Ethoash » 15 Aug 2019, 16:24

when i have time i will read what u suggest i love this kind of story but i dont think it will going to happened this people talk and talk with no action..

my whole idea is to make our people rich for example u might have 100 cow but u r dirt poor .. so how we going to monopolized your cow and make u rich .. traditionally people say if u have cow u r rich then we make it reality by putting computer chip on your cow and register your cow in bank and u get line of credit, today one cow worth 100,000 bir so if u have 100 cow .. that means u will have ten million birr now imagine how ur life will be transformed if u have ten million birr ... get it your cattle will be your collateral... using this money u can build ur modern house, modern farming and dig for water so you dont have to go far fetching for water...

Dawi

Post by Dawi » 15 Aug 2019, 16:41

Interesting Defend!

Ermias Amelga had a deal with Alibaba in regards Cloud computing.

Is EPRDF trying to steal his idea? After putting him in jail with bogus charges? What is new?

It is a shame!

Allowing well known private investors some key roles is what S. Korea did in the beginning. It is a good driver. Ermias has serious followers. I am not talking about fly-by-nights kinds of diasporas now. Those are a dime a dozen.
DefendTheTruth wrote:
15 Aug 2019, 13:25
You remember my post about The 4 Eras? Yes, The Era of the Digital Transformation, which is actually the 3rd Era of the series of major break-throughs.

"As if that was also still not a fundamental breakthrough enough to how we worked and lived the next innovation step already stepped in as the Era of Digital Transformation, here the elapse of time after the 2nd Era was even shorter than between the 1st and the 2nd. This is essentially the time when every forms of information is being digitally captured and processed to facilitate and optimize the way decisions are made in doing business. Here it was especially important to have a massive computing capability and that was enabled by what we came to call Cloud Computing (the mega computing power)."

Actually The Eras are suppossed to be sequential because the preceeding Era lays the foundation of the next Era, conceptually considering.

We also know that Ethiopia simply lacks the needed infrastructure to leap into any of the Eras without the adequate availability of the required infrastructure and resources including a sound feasibility study.

Investing into a science and technology is a highly rewarding undertaking, but we should also keep in mind that it is one of the riskiest of all investments known so far.

Mekuria noted the huge importance and "highest priority" the Ethiopian government gives to investments in the digital transformation.

Ethoash
Senior Member+

Post by Ethoash » 15 Aug 2019, 17:00

Dawi wrote:
15 Aug 2019, 16:41
Interesting Defend!

Is EPRDF trying to steal his idea? After putting him in jail with bogus charges? What is new?

It is a shame!

Allowing well known private investors some key roles is what S. Korea did in the beginning. It is a good driver. Ermias has serious followers. I am not talking about fly-by-nights kinds of diasporas now. Those are a dime a dozen.
Dawit

i remember Ermias Amelga explain how his Alibaba cloud going to work.. he was saying all u need is rent piece of the action instead of buying the whole system u buy the service u will be up and running with no time.. this means you need money to rent the service

so i come up with digital monetizing of our cattle wealth then when the farmer have money then he can use digital economy transform money with e-transformer and so on

anyhow i have story ...if u killed Leonardo da Vinci to steal his Mona Lisa drawing then you will have many other drawing by Leonardo da Vinci because u kill him.. his ability to draw or talent will die with him. u cant steal his talent but his drawing

what i am try to say is they might take Ermias Amelga idea of Alibaba deal then what Ermias Amelga will not laying the golden egg no more .. that is what happened in ደርግ they took every entrepreneur wealth the money finished but they could not generate new wealth because they did not steal the talent of those entrepreneur

the same thing with Zimbabwe the black took the land from the white but the black could not farm because they dont have skill... i am not saying if they learn they cant do it but look the land was wasted..

in Ethiopia we r doing the same thing we kill entrepreneur to take way their wealth the other sad story was Holland car.. and end up in worth condition then what we stolen ,... we should stop killing the chicken that lay the golden egg.

now tell me what the government would have lose had they make Ermias Amelga partner to the deal... even if they
give him 10% he would have been happier and would have generated more income for everyone

i think Dr. Abiy should give pardon to this guy and set him free and give him billion of dollar loan free of interest to restart his real state...

Dawi

Post by Dawi » 15 Aug 2019, 17:13

Ethoash wrote:
15 Aug 2019, 17:00
in Ethiopia we r doing the same thing we kill entrepreneur to take way their wealth the other sad story was Holland car.. and end up in worth condition then what we stolen ,... we should stop killing the chicken that lay the golden egg.

now tell me what the government would have lose had they make Ermias Amelga partner to the deal... even if they
give him 10% he would have been happier and would have generated more income for everyone

i think Dr. Abiy should give pardon to this guy and set him free and give him billion of dollar loan free of interest to restart his real state...
I second that!

Give him a role and some % of the deal. He is a dedicated Ethiopian who went back to work in his country without getting any incentives. He stayed all these years dealing with all EPRDF shenanigans. He has balls of steel if you ask me.

Why not let him build the houses too? He knows how to raise capital to do it; there is no question about it. The customers get their houses and the badly needed jobs will be created. Forget those good for nothing who oppose him? What have they done? Talk! Talk! Talk! period, is all they know what to do.

If Dr. Abiy offers security guards to protect, it should be to protect Amalga, Ermias! Trust me, It shall be worth the money for the country!

Free Ermias Amalga!

DefendTheTruth
Member+

Post by DefendTheTruth » 16 Aug 2019, 15:28

Dawi wrote:
15 Aug 2019, 16:41
Interesting Defend!

It is a shame!

[/url][/color][/size]

Dawi,

I don't know much about the guy you raised here, but my guess is that you can't steal someone's ideas just by going to the market and buy what that someone was trying to buy before you, I feel.

Cloud computing is just a kind of a commodity that you go to the market and buy it and consume it, provided that you are in a position to consume the product according to the product prescription.

The technology has been invented long time ago, now is the time of its implementation/realisation phase. The Ethiopian government doesn't need to jail someone just to be able to get into the market of cloud computing.

Cloud computing is just a mere computing power (1000s of times larger than what your private PC can offer).

Which idea is the Ethiopian government stealing here? I missed your point.

Dawi

Post by Dawi » 17 Aug 2019, 16:02

DefendTheTruth wrote:
16 Aug 2019, 15:28
I don't know much about the guy you raised here, but my guess is that you can't steal someone's ideas just by going to the market and buy what that someone was trying to buy before you, I feel.
Defend,

Yes you can! If you put your "competitor" in jail!

There was an interview Horus posted here, I think it was Jose in the house show; Ermias talked about the agreement he signed with Alibaba to provide affordable "Cloud" service in Ethiopia.

The explanation for the jailing was because he sold a hotel to the incompetent METEC for more than it was worth? We are talking about government officials who bought outdated planes, transformers, turbines and what have you for hundreds of million dollars? They didn't know what the hell they were doing. So, whose fault is that if they pay more for a hotel? At least the hotel is worth more today and they're wasting his time and discouraging diaspora from ever doing a real business there.

The country need diaspora & other investors to start working as if their lives depend on it now!

They tried to put him in jail for supposedly "stealing" millions from his Access Real-estate customers however, the defunct real estate company is worth more than customers deposited with Ermias. When the government stopped his construction work he decided to put money on hand in buying prime houses with land so his holding is worth huge money; he offered to continue building the units by bringing partners however, the government won't make a ruling on that. It is like you can't live with them and can't live without them. That is what EPRDF is! They're holding the country by the balls! :lol:

They were the ones who stopped the construction work in the first place, creating the loss of time and money. If they have any sense they would have let him start building and sooth the paying citizens pain. Oh No! They listen to the blabber mouth who has done nothing of value in their life.

I won't be surprised if some EPRDF officials are looking into scamming (stealing!) Access's land holdings too? Chances are they will do that.

Digital Weyane
Member+

Post by Digital Weyane » 17 Aug 2019, 16:37

ያለ ዲጂታል ወያኔ ተሳትፎ ዲጂታል ትራንስፎርመሽኑ ግቡን አይመታም።

DefendTheTruth
Member+

Post by DefendTheTruth » 15 Apr 2024, 06:35

Ethiopia's high-ranking officials came together and created the Council of Digital Transformation, I still keep missing the core concept being defined and communicated in the media reports we get from the scene.

ethioscience

Post by ethioscience » 15 Apr 2024, 06:39

First and foremost Ethiopia need a laboratory to identify your donkeys/gallas DNA .. hoping in 400 years you will have full human DNA
Tiago wrote:
14 Apr 2024, 19:21
There is no doubt some society of Oromos is possessed by the devil.