Ethiopian News, Current Affairs and Opinion Forum
AbebeB
Member+

Who is the so called Amhara nation? A novel approach to define!

Post by AbebeB » 16 Aug 2020, 12:26

To answer the question who is the so called Amhara nation, chose among the following or have your different say.

1. A group of Amharic speakers?
2. Or those nationalities/peoples who live in the contemporary region named Amhara killil?
3. Or those who are married to Amharic speakers?
4. Or those group people who usurped power from Agew dynasty and self declared as Amhara society?
5. Or those caravan Arabs settled in the Horn of Africa and arbitrarily self redefined
6. Or those individuals of mixed blood like Mesfin Welete Mariam, Andargache Tigu, Abiyot Kassaye aka Ahmed, etc who redefined themselves as Geltus (surrendered) to Amharic language?
7. Or alien not objectively defined?

AbebeB
Member+

Re: Who is the so called Amhara nation? A novel approach to define!

Post by AbebeB » 16 Aug 2020, 19:43

AbebeB wrote:
16 Aug 2020, 12:26
To answer the question who is the so called Amhara nation, chose among the following or have your different say.

2. Or those nationalities/peoples who live in the contemporary region named Amhara killil?
4. Or those group people who usurped power from Agew dynasty and self declared as Amhara society?
5. Or those caravan Arabs settled in the Horn of Africa and arbitrarily self redefined
6. Or those individuals of mixed blood like Mesfin Welete Mariam, Andargache Tigu, Abiyot Kassaye aka Ahmed, etc who redefined themselves as Geltus (surrendered) to Amharic language?
Is there a confusion around the question?

sebdoyeley
Member+

Post by sebdoyeley » 16 Aug 2020, 19:54

yes, who are those agames aka qomalat Lemano and where are they come from?
they say they came from perisha but we have a hard time believing that, can clear it up? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
AbebeB wrote:
16 Aug 2020, 19:43
AbebeB wrote:

Last edited by sebdoyeley on 17 Aug 2020, 18:10, edited 2 times in total.

AbebeB
Member+

Post by AbebeB » 16 Aug 2020, 22:07

sebdoyeley wrote:
16 Aug 2020, 19:54
yes, who are the agame aka qomalat Lemano come from?
they say the came from perisha but I have a hard time believing that, can clear it up? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
AbebeB wrote:
16 Aug 2020, 19:43
AbebeB wrote:

Are you trying to compete for who comes first? At least Tigrawa king late Meles Z said their genealogy goes back to Yemen. But this so called Amhara have no defined identity. kkkkkkkkkkkk

Sam Ebalalehu

Post by Sam Ebalalehu » 17 Aug 2020, 00:15

Abebe b , are you taking to yourself . Bored ? Probably confused of what is going on.
You lived all your walking life hating them , wishing them death, calling them names, but still you do not know who they really are. Amazing.

Dawi

Post by Dawi » 17 Aug 2020, 07:03

AbebeB wrote:

Abebe,

Amharic language is one of the contributions Amhara made to Ethiopia. Ethiopians should be aware of the contribution of Amhara to Ethiopia. Amhara didn't build Ethiopia by itself but, don't hate because it played a leadership role. That was the problem with you/TPLF. They tried to make a fake correction by creating ethnic states to destroy Ethiopia but, Amhara's role was nation building. In the following clip Tedla explains it elequently on Mereja TV.

AbebeB
Member+

Post by AbebeB » 17 Aug 2020, 08:43

Sam Ebalalehu wrote:
17 Aug 2020, 00:15
Abebe b , are you taking to yourself . Bored ? Probably confused of what is going on.
You lived all your walking life hating them , wishing them death, calling them names, but still you do not know who they really are. Amazing.
Sam,
You got it. Yes it is Amazing. But your reason of the amazement is wrong. The problem is not with me but because of them. They sometimes define themselves as existing reality and at other times as a spirit to be everywhere. kkkkkkkkkkkk
So to see spirit with my flesh eye became difficult for me. That is why I just missed them and ask if they are still around. kkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk

Sam Ebalalehu

Post by Sam Ebalalehu » 17 Aug 2020, 09:06

They still around. Forget the “spirit” part. Deal with the “existing reality” because they are here to mess up your mind.

EPRDF

Post by EPRDF » 17 Aug 2020, 16:33

Obbo AbebeB my shifta brother from Dembidolo, Wolega, how do you do my dear?

To answer the question of your thread " who is the so called Amhara nation?

The answer is various and it depends on the regions respective outlook on how to regard and define an Amhara nation and its people.

Anyone who associated him/herself with Amhara created Ethiopia is an Amhara regardless of his/her ethnic origin.

The Amhara created Ethiopia uphelds.. language/Amharigna, custom wear/ye yamara xibeb lebs
Traditional dance/Eskista.... Religion/Orthodox Tewahdo/ ... Name/Hailu, wolde Amanuel, Gebre Michael..etc

Attitude/contempt to other fellow ethiopian ethnicities' culture, language, history and value, and deep hatred toward Islam.

In my small remote farming village, anybody who fulfilled the above criteria he/she is an Amhara.

e.g Abebe is an Amhara too. But now time has changed and someone with the name Abebe like yourself claims to be an Oromo. This never happened in the good old days as far as I go back and remember, however, it is a good progress though. Yes it is indeed, Obbo AbebeB.

Za-Ilmaknun

Post by Za-Ilmaknun » 17 Aug 2020, 17:27

History of Hadya (The fact that Bekele Garba...)

For a long time, alongside the Christian Empire, the name Hadiyya constituted one of the most significant Ethiopian political and territorial power blocs which then broke down in the 16th century and disappeared from historical documentation. Populations with this name – as a proper group numbering approximately 1.3 million and those of Hadiyya descent probably several million – survived in central-southern Ethiopia.

The Arsi-Oromo generally called the Hadiyya west of the Bilate by the name Garba (Gabaro) whose origin seems to be verifiable. It was collectively assigned to peoples who had been conquered and assimilated by the Oromo in the course of their great expansion from the 16th century onwards.

The term Garba originally applied to conquered people – also in the disdainful meaning of “slaves”. Because the Hadiyya were the first foreign ethnic group encountered by the Oromo, “Garba” was retained for them in a particularly marked way. In the 1970s, the Arsi were certainly no longer aware of the original significance of the name and understood Garba rather as a neutral ethnic term. To the east of Lake Zway they eventually differentiated between “pure” Oromo and “Oromo Gabaro”, who trace back to assimilated Hadiyya clans, and in the Arba-Gugu region the old battle call oofa Garba or dhiibaa Garba (“expel the Hadiyya”) was remembered in the oral traditions (cf. chap. 3.4.3).

Most of the Hadiyya groups between the Omo and Bilate know Guffuttaamo, a kind of ethnonym supposed to be derived from guffuutta, a leather cap which was a typical feature of the women’s traditional costume. Sometimes Guffuttaamo also appears as an ancestor in the genealogies and likewise it occurs as an ethnic designation among the Baarentuu-Oromo. The abbreviation Gufte for the name Guffuttaamo then became corrupted to Tufte, apparently due to D’ABBADIE’s deficiency in transcribing, because he never visited these areas himself. With this name he referred particularly to the people in the Baadawwaachcho region where it was especially remembered and preserved
“Nine are the Borana [pure Oromo] and ninety the Garba [the assimilated]” (Jawar and Bekele Garba's root, probably)

AbebeB
Member+

Post by AbebeB » 17 Aug 2020, 17:52

Dawi wrote:
17 Aug 2020, 07:03
AbebeB wrote:

Abebe,

Amharic language is one of the contributions Amhara made to Ethiopia. Ethiopians should be aware of the contribution of Amhara to Ethiopia. Amhara didn't build Ethiopia by itself but, don't hate because it played a leadership role. That was the problem with you/TPLF. They tried to make a fake correction by creating ethnic states to destroy Ethiopia but, Amhara's role was nation building. In the following clip Tedla explains it elequently on Mereja TV.
Dawi aka Ermiyas Legesse,

በምሳሌ ላስረዳህ፡፡ አንድ ቆማጣ ሰው ነበር፡፡ ዘርህ ምንድነው ተብሎ ተጠየቀና አማራ ነኝ አለ፡፡ አማራ የሚባል ዘር የለም እኮ ሲባል ደነገጠና እንዲህ አለ፡፡ ተናዶ፣ እንዴት አማራ የሚባል ዘር የለም ትላለህ ተድላ አማራ አለ ብሎ የለም እንዴ አለ ይላል፡፡ የሰውዬው ችግር አማራ አለ ሲባል መስማቱን እንጂ እርሱ ራሱ አማራ መሆኑን ማስረዳት አልቻለም፡፡ ተድላንም ብትጠይቀው ታርክ አማራ አለ ይላል፣ አንድረጋቸው ፅጌ አማራ አለ ብሎአል ወይም ሌላ ነገር ለምሳሌ አቻምየለህ አማራ ከአገው መጣ በማለት ነግሮኛል እያለ ይቀባጥራል እንጂ ቀጥተኛ የዘር ግንድ ጠቅሶ አማራ አለ፤ የዘር ግንዱም እንዲ ነው በማለት አማራነቱን የሚያስረዳ አንድም ሰው የለም፡፡

Tedla says that confusion and illusion because he didn’t take my lecture. I have never seen him in my class. As you know, only outstanding students join my class. That was why I saw you numb outside of my class because you couldn’t qualify to join my lecture.

Za-Ilmaknun

Post by Za-Ilmaknun » 17 Aug 2020, 18:03

There is much historical evidence that the “original” or “pure” Oromo before the 16th century constituted a relatively small group. Through massive processes of expansion and assimilation they then emerged as one of the biggest ethnic clusters of north-eastern Africa. This spectacular growth is reflected in the saying: “Nine are the Borana [pure Oromo] and ninety the Garba [the assimilated]”.

From among all Oromo sub-groups, the Arsi possess the most expansive territory. On the administrative map of the 1970s it encompassed the province named after them Ar(us)si as well as parts of southern Šäwa and northern Bale. Among the Arsi, the proportion of clans whose origin from Hadiyya stock can clearly be traced from historical and cultural criteria was well over half of the entire group. The name Arsi, which traces back to first ancestor, has been officially accepted since the revolution of 1974 and replaced a previous version, Arussi. According to folk etymology influenced by Islam, this name is supposed to have been derived from an Arabic word arusa. This term is said to carry the meaning “eremite”, be-cause the progenitor led a secluded life devoted to religion.
Most historical data indicate that the Arsi were initially a pure Oromo (i.e. “pagan”) group, who were exposed to a growing Islamic impact only after contact with the Hadiyya.

Noble Amhara

Post by Noble Amhara » 17 Aug 2020, 18:07

Amhara means sophisticated people and are simply found in Gondar Gojam Shoa Bete Amhara (Welo) four provinces Who have a great history in Africa

the existence of Amara or Amhara as a nation is down below under my name our first emperor was

Genealogy

Atse Yekuno Amlak Atse Yagbea sion Atse Senfa Ared then came Atse Amda Seyoun Atse Newaya Krestos Atse Dawit I Atse Tewodros Atse Yeshaq Atse Andreas Atse Zara Yacoub, Atse Beada Mariam Atse Atse Naod Atse Gelawdelos Atse Fasilades Atse Dawit Atse Tewodros Atse Minilik Atse Selassie Amara Kingdom Called Ethiopian or Abysinnian kingdom

All Amhara people are Eagles & Lions
Last edited by Noble Amhara on 17 Aug 2020, 18:53, edited 8 times in total.

AbebeB
Member+

Post by AbebeB » 17 Aug 2020, 18:23

EPRDF wrote:
17 Aug 2020, 16:33
Obbo AbebeB my shifta brother from Dembidolo, Wolega, how do you do my dear?

To answer the question of your thread " who is the so called Amhara nation?

The answer is various and it depends on the regions respective outlook on how to regard and define an Amhara nation and its people.

Anyone who associated him/herself with Amhara created Ethiopia is an Amhara regardless of his/her ethnic origin.

The Amhara created Ethiopia uphelds.. language/Amharigna, custom wear/ye yamara xibeb lebs
Traditional dance/Eskista.... Religion/Orthodox Tewahdo/ ... Name/Hailu, wolde Amanuel, Gebre Michael..etc

Attitude/contempt to other fellow ethiopian ethnicities' culture, language, history and value, and deep hatred toward Islam.

In my small remote farming village, anybody who fulfilled the above criteria he/she is an Amhara.

e.g Abebe is an Amhara too. But now time has changed and someone with the name Abebe like yourself claims to be an Oromo. This never happened in the good old days as far as I go back and remember, however, it is a good progress though. Yes it is indeed, Obbo AbebeB.
Hi EPRDF,
I missed you not because I am bandit but you became extinct (ashed to PP?). Anyways, I can learn a lot out of your response, though. The problem is that I never say form of existence of presumed Amhara. I asked if any genealogy is available to prove existence of Amhara as a nation.

Za-Ilmaknun

Post by Za-Ilmaknun » 17 Aug 2020, 18:48

Actual Oromo and assimilated :mrgreen:

The Oromo used to combine all foreign ethnic tribes, including the Christian Amhara, under the term Sidaama, which then became a kind of synonym for “alien” or “enemy”. The forbears of the Sidaama proper apparently belonged to the first adversaries they came across at the beginning of their expansion in the 16th century. As a consequence, the Oromo seem to have adopted this name for all those who did not belong to their own ethnic body. Among the Baarentuu, a dichotomy dividing the group into Sarri (= people) Humbaana (actual Oromo) and Sarri Sidaama (assimilated Hadiyya, Somali, Harari and others) existed up to the present. In practical life, however, this division has lost relevance.

The Somali liked to refer to the Wabi Šäbälle as Wabi Sidaama (Sidaama river), because its headwaters originate in the Sidaama highlands. In Boša, north of the lower Goǧäb River, Sidaama is associated with a title possibly indicating a Christian survival that was associated with the complex of spirit possession.

Noble Amhara

Post by Noble Amhara » 17 Aug 2020, 18:56

Genealogy of Amhara

Atse Yekuno Amlak Atse Yagbea sion Atse Senfa Ared then came Atse Amda Seyoun Atse Newaya Krestos Atse Dawit I Atse Tewodros Atse Yeshaq Atse Andreas Atse Zara Yacoub, Atse Beada Mariam Atse Naod Atse Lebna Dengel Atse Gelawdelos Atse Minas Atse Za Dengel Atse Sarsa Dengel Atse Fasilades Atse Dawit Atse Tewodros Atse Minilik Atse Selassie Amara Kingdom Called Ethiopian or Abysinnian kingdom

AbebeB
Member+

Post by AbebeB » 17 Aug 2020, 20:47

Noble Amhara wrote:
17 Aug 2020, 18:07
Amhara means sophisticated people and are simply found in Gondar Gojam Shoa Bete Amhara (Welo) four provinces Who have a great history in Africa

the existence of Amara or Amhara as a nation is down below under my name our first emperor was

Genealogy

Atse Yekuno Amlak Atse Yagbea sion Atse Senfa Ared then came Atse Amda Seyoun Atse Newaya Krestos Atse Dawit I Atse Tewodros Atse Yeshaq Atse Andreas Atse Zara Yacoub, Atse Beada Mariam Atse Atse Naod Atse Gelawdelos Atse Fasilades Atse Dawit Atse Tewodros Atse Minilik Atse Selassie Amara Kingdom Called Ethiopian or Abysinnian kingdom

All Amhara people are Eagles & Lions
Noble Amhara,
You are listing descendants of Tigray kings. I have statement that reflect such character of you. Amhara king's historical larceny is unparalleled. Amhara regime is the most poor least developed regime.

So instead of larceny of Tigray's history, you can refer as usual saying "there is Amhara as nation because Tedla told me"
kkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk

Noble Amhara

Post by Noble Amhara » 17 Aug 2020, 20:54

Slave agame aka Ethoash askindar Buda nega

You are a slave of Amhara Read your name Abebe the kings are Bete Amhara and downlooked cursed tegaru for thousands of years primitive feudal scorpian looking tegaru land of desert and stones. For example Yekuno Amlak was born in Amhara Sayint town and his children like Naod built Golden Churches across Bete Amhara region in Gasete Giorgis . The Gonder queen of falasha Gudit destroyed the Axumite Empire and churches she beheaded all Axumite kings and priests leading to the rise of Amhara kings who continued the tradition of Geez Solomonids.

Hamasien built and created tigrinya language during Axum days tigrinya were seen as rebels who lived in adulis and Hamasien Eritrea. Tigrinya was stolen into Tigray by Agames who created the tegaru ethnicity of off Eritrean identity the Tigray province was invented by agame feudalist known as Akhadom of Adwa who conquered Erob of Adigrat into Agamestan! Geez Axumite are anti Eritrea geez is a Abysinnian expansionist and chauvinist language the Axumites practiced forced unity and rebel crushing like Menelik II who is Axumite in culture warriorism fighting and imperialism building. Axumite geez speakers were anti federalists and pro forced unity through surrendering and conquering all Qomatas like abebe. The Axumite are identical to Menelik in every way. The Axumite kings slaughtered and conquered many non Amara tribes into Abysinnian empire. Axum is Neftegna period!

identical to Amara the Agames fought geez speakers as slaves like Abebe with Amhara name and language. What is Tigray without Eritrea there is no Tigray in Ethiopian history because the language is created by Eritrean hamasiens there is no tegaru identity then because it is based of language and a fake Tigray province created in 1450 by agame Adwa Buda feudal warlord Akhadom

AbebeB
Member+

Post by AbebeB » 17 Aug 2020, 21:31

Noble Amhara wrote:
17 Aug 2020, 20:54
Slave agame aka Ethoash askindar Buda nega

You are a slave of Amhara Read your name Abebe the kings are Bete Amhara and downlooked cursed tegaru for thousands of years primitive feudal scorpian looking tegaru land of desert and stones. For example Yekuno Amlak was born in Amhara Sayint town and his children like Naod built Golden Churches across Bete Amhara region in Gasete Giorgis . The Gonder queen of falasha Gudit destroyed the Axumite Empire and churches she beheaded all Axumite kings and priests leading to the rise of Amhara kings who continued the tradition of Geez Solomonids.

Hamasien built and created tigrinya language during Axum days tigrinya were seen as rebels who lived in adulis and Hamasien Eritrea. Tigrinya was stolen into Tigray by Agames who created the tegaru ethnicity of off Eritrean identity the Tigray province was invented by agame feudalist known as Akhadom of Adwa who conquered Erob of Adigrat into Agamestan! Geez Axumite are anti Eritrea geez is a Abysinnian expansionist and chauvinist language the Axumites practiced forced unity and rebel crushing like Menelik II who is Axumite in culture warriorism fighting and imperialism building. Axumite geez speakers were anti federalists and pro forced unity through surrendering and conquering all Qomatas like abebe. The Axumite are identical to Menelik in every way. The Axumite kings slaughtered and conquered many non Amara tribes into Abysinnian empire. Axum is Neftegna period!

identical to Amara the Agames fought geez speakers as slaves like Abebe with Amhara name and language. What is Tigray without Eritrea there is no Tigray in Ethiopian history because the language is created by Eritrean hamasiens there is no tegaru identity then because it is based of language and a fake Tigray province created in 1450 by agame Adwa Buda feudal warlord Akhadom
Noble Amhara,

If you re-read what you wrote, I am sure you can’t understand it. ወንዝ ባያሻግርም በአማርኛ ብትጽፍ ይሻልህ ይሆናል፡፡ ለጊዜው እኔም እገነዘብሀለሁ፡፡

AbebeB
Member+

Post by AbebeB » 22 Aug 2020, 23:12

AbebeB wrote:

ኤርሚያስ ለገሠ ካልተደጋገመ አይገባኝም እያለ ሁሌ ስለሚጮህ እንዲያ ቢገባው በማለት ብዬ ነው፡፡ አማራ ከማን የመጣ ዘር ነው? እንደ ሕዝብ አማራ የሚባልስ አለ ወይ?