Ethiopian News, Current Affairs and Opinion Forum
Wedi
Member+

Abiy Ahmed, from Nobel Peace Prize to Uproar in Less Than One Year!!! - Bloomberg

Post by Wedi » 24 Sep 2020, 13:51

Abiy Ahmed, from Nobel Peace Prize to Uproar in Less Than One Year!!! - Bloomberg :lol: :lol:

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles ... obel-prize
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Sam Ebalalehu

Re: Abiy Ahmed, from Nobel Peace Prize to Uproar in Less Than One Year!!! - Bloomberg

Post by Sam Ebalalehu » 24 Sep 2020, 14:25

Abiy’s two sentences summarize the Bloomberg article. In a speech to the United Nations this week Abiy said ‘we have no illusions this would be a smooth ride. No matter though ‘ we remain committed to the objective of democratization.
One thing that should be mentioned : the Bloomberg headline is not informative to say the least.
What does it mean Abiy Ahmed from Noble peace prize to uproar. It does not make any sense . It implies wrongly as if Abiy had awarded himself the Noble peace prize. And again it implied he created the uproar in Ethiopia by himself. When the headline does not reflect the body content of the article, one could reasonably says it is a rotten journalistic putout.

DefendTheTruth
Member+

Re: Abiy Ahmed, from Nobel Peace Prize to Uproar in Less Than One Year!!! - Bloomberg

Post by DefendTheTruth » 24 Sep 2020, 14:59

The article got it wrong, may be motivated by some ajenda but then failed to substantiate the claim itself made.

Many ordinary Ethiopian see the glass half full, while many "observers" from afar and their associates seem to like the glass half empty and the case of this article is not different.

Case in point:

"“One of the big components for a successful businesses is peace and security,” Bethlehem Tilahun Alemu, the managing director of soleRebels, which makes shoes out of recycled materials, said by phone. “We’re going through a change, and we are going to have to be patient to see the results. It is a very hard time for everybody.”

Another part of the article which shows that future is not so doomed, even after one year since the Noble Prize that was taken as a reference point is reflected in the following:

"Despite the upheaval, the International Monetary Fund forecasts economic growth of 3.2% this year. While down from an annual average of almost 9% over the past decade, Ethiopia is one of few nations still expanding."

It seems that the authors know the murderer of Hacalu Hundessa when they write the following:

"While the motive for his killing remains unclear, the violence that ensued claimed 200 lives and saw towns turned into battle zones in the Oromia region before the security forces arrived".

Many of us don't know yet who the murderer is before going after the motive behind the crime. If we knew for sure, then we can start to stipulate about the motive. That means the authors know already the murderer and they are in the second step of clarifying the crime but then opted not to educate us about what they know. But why?

In another part of the article they also seem to know more than what they are ready to tell us, example:

"Regional leaders are also growing increasingly strident in demanding greater autonomy, desert locust swarms are undermining regional food security, and Egypt and Sudan have taken umbrage at Ethiopia’s plans to fill a massive reservoir on the Blue Nile that threatens their water supply."

Which ones are these regional leaders, for example? Why cut it short?

Should we know their own motive of distorting facts?

Tog Wajale E.R.
Member+

Post by Tog Wajale E.R. » 24 Sep 2020, 15:36

The Writer From Dedebit Woorgach Tigrayian Agga*me Named ☆ Samuel Gebre ☆ :--- What Else Do You Expect From Filthy Scumbags Creatures Tigrayian Prostitute*s Agga*me. They Paid Over $ 15,000.00 U.S. Dollars To Post It On Defunct Bloomberg Papers Through Thieves Dawit G / Egzeabiher Agga*me Hidden In Mekelle.

gagi

Post by gagi » 24 Sep 2020, 15:54

Shame on Blomberg for publishing such a hollow politically motivated piece.

Abiy was awarded Nobel for the proactive steps he took to make peace with Eritrea. The renewed.relations of the two countries are going well. When Abiy took the helm of power in Ethiopia, Ethiopia was already made delibetatrly fragile by the TPLF traitors. Abiy is trying to place Ethiopia back on track slowly but surely. Certainly, the sabotage by the TPLF traitors and Oromo extremists is daunting. It takes time to defeat these genocidal forces who worked for decades to dismantle the country just because they hate a certain population group, the innocent Amhara!

Bloombering, can publish more garbage with sensational titles, but it does not change the inevitable. A stronger Ethiopia practicing true democracy and federalism under the rule of the majority!

Za-Ilmaknun

Post by Za-Ilmaknun » 24 Sep 2020, 16:05

I must have seen this article on Tigrai on line or Aiga Forum. Too many conjured up words that mean nothing. Anything TPLF/OLF touches stinks. The problem is the OPDO regime is exposing its rear to vultures bred in its own nest and making it hard for those in the know to make the case to defend it.

sun
Member+

Post by sun » 24 Sep 2020, 17:14

Za-Ilmaknun wrote:
24 Sep 2020, 16:05
I must have seen this article on Tigrai on line or Aiga Forum. Too many conjured up words that mean nothing. Anything TPLF/OLF touches stinks. The problem is the OPDO regime is exposing its rear to vultures bred in its own nest and making it hard for those in the know to make the case to defend it. :evil: :evil:
I am not a politician but judging from your vulgar expression I think that you are bending deep and exposing your baboon Chimp red ar$$$ to all the passerby's. :mrgreen:

Za-Ilmaknun

Post by Za-Ilmaknun » 24 Sep 2020, 18:27

sun wrote:
24 Sep 2020, 17:14
Za-Ilmaknun wrote:
24 Sep 2020, 16:05
I must have seen this article on Tigrai on line or Aiga Forum. Too many conjured up words that mean nothing. Anything TPLF/OLF touches stinks. The problem is the OPDO regime is exposing its rear to vultures bred in its own nest and making it hard for those in the know to make the case to defend it. :evil: :evil:
I am not a politician but judging from your vulgar expression I think that you are bending deep and exposing your baboon Chimp red ar$$$ to all the passerby's. :mrgreen:
Hello Takele.. :lol: Yeah the truth hurts but...that is the only way to eventual salvation. As to the vulgarity, I could pay you in kind ...but when your kinds go low, we don't usually follow them to the abyss. :mrgreen: Go try with Abekebe..

If it makes you too sad to talk about the ugly faces of the OLF politics, I can only pray for you to have the strength to mourn through. Otherwise, it ain't me who did put behind bars the 10k cannibals of Shasheme and Arussi. Those are the vultures and, if you are a novice, so I should remind you that they came from no where but from the rotten wombs of OPDO.. :| Chill up