Ethiopian News, Current Affairs and Opinion Forum

EthioRedSea

Re: The world in one word says- Minilik was the greatest leader in the world.

Post by EthioRedSea » 24 Sep 2020, 15:48

This is misleading. Menelik betrayed blacks and Africa by signing the Wuchale Treaty. The war against Italy was mainly carried out by Ethiopian people and their leaders like Ras Mengesha, Ras Alula, Ras Balcha and many others. Ras Alula was the one who led the Battle at Adwa. Menelik II was hiding. Of course he was present and was active after the victory.

Menelik gave away Tigray's 4 districts to Italy to appease Italy and to weaken the House of Yohannes IV who were supposed to be the next leaders of Ethiopia. Had Menelik not signed Wuchale Treaty which is a treaty of betrayal and sabotage against Yohannes and Africa. Menelik would have been glorified by all.
Last edited by EthioRedSea on 24 Sep 2020, 17:03, edited 1 time in total.

Abaymado

Re: The world in one word says- Minilik was the greatest leader in the world.

Post by Abaymado » 24 Sep 2020, 16:00

Crixus Gallic Warband
Crixus Gallic Warband
5 months ago (edited)
I'm Italian and love Ethiopian people,we are Christian brothers and sisters, sorry for the past 🇮🇹✝️❤️🇪🇹☦️ God bless you 💒

Nairobi Nyeusi
Nairobi Nyeusi
5 months ago
Italy: Let.... Me pick...... this one!
Ethiopia : You picked the wrong house Fool!

cmosware2
cmosware2
1 year ago
Big respect from South Korea to Ethiopian brothers.

Nicky GMP_3
Nicky GMP_3
1 year ago
Ethiopia is the real wakanda

fer flo
fer flo
1 year ago (edited)
1895: A New (African) Hope
1935: The (Fascist) Empire Strikes Back
1941: The Return of The Ras-Tafari

12shzarmai 55
12shzarmai 55
3 months ago
Respect to Ethiopia from a Nigerian :-)

KANG BLAISE Mua
KANG BLAISE Mua
5 months ago
In Cameroon🇨🇲 we proudly called it in our history books as "The Adowa Resistance".

BlueStarGaming 2017
BlueStarGaming 2017
6 months ago
I'm proud for Ethiopia for being a soverign nation. We SEA nation got colonized (except Thailand) but seeing a nation that stand among european colonies and defend their land as a true patriot I respect them. Sincerly from Indonesia 🇮🇩💙🇪🇹

Oh! Aubrey
Oh! Aubrey
10 months ago
It should be ‘How Ethiopians beat Italy’

Everything YouTuber
Everything YouTuber
1 year ago
Iam Italian
I [deleted] at war games

Wonder why

The Armchair Historian

GiTONGA KiMOTHO
GiTONGA KiMOTHO
6 months ago
Respect and Love from Kenya to our neighbor

Shannon Mcauliff
Shannon Mcauliff
10 months ago
Why is Taytu Betul not mentioned at all? We need more women to be recognized in history.

Teeqay
Teeqay
7 months ago
Italy: Imma end this mans career...

Ethiopia: Hold my Injera

ኢትዮጵያ ለዘላለም ትኑር
ኢትዮጵያ ለዘላለም ትኑር
5 months ago
ኢትዮጵያ ለዘላለም በክብር ትኖራለች ።
💚💛❤️ ⛪ 👑 🙏

DJEDz TV
DJEDz TV
4 months ago
My Russian surname is associated with Negus II, and was given the award "star of Ethiopia" for the services. Was surprised to find out but Russians did have some close friendship with Ethiopians, our Orthodox Brothers.

NatiReviews
NatiReviews
1 year ago
Ethiopian women fought that war too. They helped by mixing grind pepper and spices with water then spraying at the Italians

now that was bravery

Eryka Jackson
Eryka Jackson
5 months ago
Shouldn’t the title be “How the Ethiopians defeated Italy?”

Daniel K
Daniel K
10 months ago
As Oromo, I am proud of Melelek ll.

Saddam Hussein
Saddam Hussein
1 year ago
Menelik II: the original Black Panther.

Teach Yourself Amharic
Teach Yourself Amharic
6 months ago
Emperor Menilik II: One of Ethiopia’s greatest rulers!

Jarod 1999
Jarod 1999
1 year ago
Love to see that Ethiopia is growing prosperous love you guys from Canada 🇨🇦

Oh! Aubrey
Oh! Aubrey
10 months ago
Ethiopians have even been mentioned in the bible. Something is up with them

K J
K J
5 months ago
I wish all African countries had learned from the Ethiopians.

Nightbow9
Nightbow9
1 year ago
I like that they managed to protect their land and their identity from being colonized. Well done Ethiopia :)

h rage
h rage
5 months ago
As Somali, well done Ethiopia for resisting oppression!

Tyler Durden
Tyler Durden
10 months ago
Italians really underestimated their opponent, and were hasty but the Ethiopians put aside their differences and came together. That's the winning combo right there!

the way I see it
the way I see it
5 months ago
I am surprised to see the commentators' response to this story; I was expecting the usual haters, instead, I was overwhelmed by your kind words towards my ancient land, thank you.

ALL GLORY TO MY LORD AND GOD JESUS CHRIST
ALL GLORY TO MY LORD AND GOD JESUS CHRIST
5 months ago
Repent of your sins because the kingdom of GOD is at hand.

ege yucesoy
ege yucesoy
3 months ago (edited)
Menelik II is a very important historical figure. No one that I talk to seem to know about him,thats why I am telling everyone about him and how he shaped Ethiopia to a modern nation.People need to know about him.Respect to Menelik II

Plo Koon
Plo Koon
1 year ago
Those poor Italians never thought they would go up against Wakanda.

MÖST BËSTEST KÄÑTRŶ
MÖST BËSTEST KÄÑTRŶ
1 year ago
Italy: gets Rekt
Cesar: why did we conquer an empire for you?

Acácio Guimarães
Acácio Guimarães
11 months ago
I've always played with Ethiopia in Civilization. This great nation rises again and soon will be one of the most important economies of the world

Rocket Propelled Mexican
Rocket Propelled Mexican
1 year ago
The thing is that Ethiopia wasn't a loose collection of tribes like a lot of other colonial opponents. Ethiopia was a proper, organized state, with a long history of being a unified political entity dating back to the antiquity era.

Lor Tom lrt LRT
Lor Tom lrt LRT
11 months ago
Italy: I’m going to get Ethiopia next

Ethiopia: I’m going to ruin this man career

Tigist Habeshawit
Tigist Habeshawit
1 year ago
1 ethiopia 🇪🇹🇪🇹🇪🇹💪🏽

Jackninja5
Jackninja5
10 months ago
Always love it when the underdogs kick [deleted].

Matthew Cobalt
Matthew Cobalt
1 year ago (edited)
So that's where the inspiration for Black Panther came from. The country he rules, not the character himself.

Cartier231
Cartier231
5 months ago
As a Liberian my question is how did the European, Arabs, and other outsiders were defeated by Ethiopian? 🇪🇹💕💕💕💕💕 Hmm...🤔

Keegan Moonshine
Keegan Moonshine
1 year ago (edited)
my parents grew up in adwa. Its crazy to think that my great great grandparents probably fought in this battle against the italians near their village.

Augustus Crow
Augustus Crow
5 months ago
ahh the Russian empire all ways helping at just the right times most of the time

Lethabo Kotsedi
Lethabo Kotsedi
5 months ago
"How Ethiopia defeated Italy" there, fixed it for you

world wide
world wide
10 months ago (edited)
Ethiopia the land of black hero's and the proud of colored peoples we will proud of u forever our hero fathers!!

Teach Yourself Amharic
Teach Yourself Amharic
6 months ago
Empress Taytu Betul played a significant role in the Ethiopian victory against Italian colonialism.

Texasp12
Texasp12
1 year ago
I'm glad God was on Ethiopia's side

Speedy Nelson
Speedy Nelson
5 months ago
Ethiopia the land of our Fathers the land where God love to be! His foundation is in the holy mountain the gate of Zion will always be protected!

prince howell
prince howell
1 year ago (edited)
As an Ethiopian I am proud that we defeated our independence and won,but just as white men now adays are not responsible (to some extent) for what there ancestors did we did not ourselves fight, our ancestors did so we must continue making Ethiopia better which currently it is at a very rapid pace, all I’m saying is look forward my habesha brothers and sister instead of getting lost in the glories of the past

Bekan Bekele
Bekan Bekele
5 months ago
Women fought in the war too especially in the 5 year occupation by the Italians where Ethiopian women went in undercover and provided info to the armed resistance which were very decisive in winning the war.

Eddie Hanson
Eddie Hanson
1 year ago
I'd love more videos that focus on the perspective of non-European countries. While I love all your videos, ones like this remind me that huge chunks of history go untaught when Europe isn't involved.

J Fisch
J Fisch
1 year ago
Ethiopia won because they had the high ground.

Nile Beauty
Nile Beauty
6 months ago
Menelik ll & Tayitu Betul (his wife) made history for all African ppls . I have big respect for them and all Ethiopians.

cesverc
cesverc
1 year ago
Armchair Historian: " Italian Prime Minister Crispi...no I'm not making that name up"
Me (italian guy): "What's so weird about Crispi?...........oh, crispy, right"

The United States of America
The United States of America
1 year ago
Ethiopian weapons: Spears, bows and other primative tools
Italian weapons: Guns and other modern tools.

WHO WILL WIN?

Johnson Taylor
Johnson Taylor
5 months ago
I’ve never thought this part of history would get covered by a westerner but here we are. A new day indeed.

Jesus Achmed
Jesus Achmed
1 year ago
"The Italian left was annihalated"
Sounds like Mussolini

へろ
へろ
5 months ago (edited)
This is pretty funny. Ethiopia may have tribal problems but at least they smart enough to know when to put their differences aside and unite as one to defeat an invading force like the Italians. They did the same again under the leadership of Emperor Yohannes IV against Ottoman-Egypt that had superior weaponry. Sudan also did the same with Mahdists and defeated British led Egyptian forces under the command of Hick's and Gordon but eventually lost in 1899. Somalis did the same but were only defeated with Britain started dropping bombs from the air. But the rest of Africa? Failure to accept new ideas and industrialise and unite as one to defeat a common foe thus were colonised by Europeans. Thats why a country like Japan after Matthew Perry's invansion saw it so important to industrialise before a European like Britain or France could try to colonise them like they did with the rest of Asia.

Khaliq Wakeel
Khaliq Wakeel
5 months ago
Just once I would like to read or watch something about black history where it's actually a BLACK PERSON telling the story

imwalk worse
imwalk worse
8 months ago
Fun Fact. The Ethiopians fought in the Korean War as are widely respected in Korea for being the only African Country to never yield.

Anachromatic
Anachromatic
5 months ago
I think you mean to ask: How did the Ethiopians defeat the Italians?

Up next
AUTOPLAY