Ethiopian News, Current Affairs and Opinion Forum
Roha

ፍቅር እስከ መቃብር ፡ በኣሥመራ ከተማ

Post by Roha » 12 Sep 2022, 21:50

The classic Ethiopian novel written by the legendary dej. Hadis Alemayehu of Gojam -- ፍቅር እስከ መቃብር ፡ "fiqir eske meqabr" is now available in Tigrinya translation in Eritrea.
One of my friends has shown me the translated book over the new year holiday.
Years ago, I remember, the legendary stage actor Wegayehu Negatu narrating it every Sunday evening in his fascinating voice thru the Asmara Radio, a relay station to the "Ye Abyotawit Ethiopia Dimz".
To celebrate the publication of ፍቅር እስከ መቃብር in Eritrea, here is Teddy Afro in his song:
ማር እስከ ጥዋፍ / ፍቅር እስከ መቃብር

Cigar

Re: ፍቅር እስከ መቃብር ፡ በኣሥመራ ከተማ

Post by Cigar » 12 Sep 2022, 22:28

What the fu’ck has this to do with Eritrea?
We don’t want to hear crap or anything which was imposed to us during our struggle times.
If it was not of the evil, witch England queen and the midget cobwebbed ugly feet dead sellassie this foreign language wouldn’t be spoken inside Eritrea.
Get over it.
We are cleansing Eritrea to be only Eritrean things.

Selam/

Post by Selam/ » 12 Sep 2022, 23:32

Read it buddy, it will soften your hardened heart. And it’s a language & story closer to your Tigrigna than Tigrigna is to Italian.

Cigar wrote:
12 Sep 2022, 22:28
We don’t want to hear crap or anything which was imposed to us during our struggle times.
If it was not of the evil, witch England queen and the midget cobwebbed ugly feet dead sellassie this foreign language wouldn’t be spoken inside Eritrea.
Get over it.
Roha wrote:
12 Sep 2022, 21:50
The classic Ethiopian novel written by the legendary dej. Hadis Alemayehu of Gojam -- ፍቅር እስከ መቃብር ፡ "fiqir eske meqabr" is now available in Tigrinya translation in Eritrea.
One of my friends has shown me the translated book over the new year holiday.
Years ago, I remember, the legendary stage actor Wegayehu Negatu narrating it every Sunday evening in his fascinating voice thru the Asmara Radio, a relay station to the "Ye Abyotawit Ethiopia Dimz".
To celebrate the publication of ፍቅር እስከ መቃብር in Eritrea, here is Teddy Afro in his song:
ማር እስከ ጥዋፍ / ፍቅር እስከ መቃብር

TGAA
Member+

Post by TGAA » 13 Sep 2022, 00:59

Cigar wrote:
12 Sep 2022, 22:28
Get over it.
Before the witch England Queen and midget cobwebbed ugly feet dead Selassie appeared on the scene, you had more than 60 years of marching locksteps submissively with the Italian apartheid system without much of pep, and I wouldn't be surprised to see you now uttering a couple of Italian words that trickle down to you with so much justo. So it is not the foreign language per se that you have a problem with, but the color of the people who speak the language. You are willing to submit for one while spewing your hate for the other. Emancipate yourself from mental slavery.