Post by Somaliman » 16 Apr 2024, 00:56

Somaliman

Re: RIP

Post by Somaliman » 16 Apr 2024, 01:56

Fed_Up
Senior Member+

Post by Fed_Up » 16 Apr 2024, 12:19

That's how music should be composed - beautiful, captivating, and pure magic!

kerenite

Post by kerenite » 16 Apr 2024, 14:25

Somaliman wrote:
16 Apr 2024, 00:56

Somaliman greetings,

Yes pure and captivating.. As Fed said.

I recall in one of of his interviews in Sudan television, he was asked as to why he applies the term IBNEL BADIA, he responded that he hails from countryside or BADIA (in Arabic badia is countryside) and that's why he applies it.

Please correct me if I am wrong, Salah ibnel badia passed away 2 years ago along with alkabli and Hamad alriyaH. Alriyah was a victim of the covid-19 whereas he and the famous singer al kabli passed away due to chronic diseases, the sudanese state (unlike today where two SOB generals are ruining it) was in good shape then. They sent both abroad for further medicament but it was a futile.

Cheers!

Somaliman

Post by Somaliman » 16 Apr 2024, 17:14

kerenite wrote:
16 Apr 2024, 14:25
Somaliman wrote:
16 Apr 2024, 00:56

Somaliman greetings,

Yes pure and captivating.. As Fed said.

I recall in one of of his interviews in Sudan television, he was asked as to why he applies the term IBNEL BADIA, he responded that he hails from countryside or BADIA (in Arabic badia is countryside) and that's why he applies it.

Please correct me if I am wrong, Salah ibnel badia passed away 2 years ago along with alkabli and Hamad alriyaH. Alriyah was a victim of the covid-19 whereas he and the famous singer al kabli passed away due to chronic diseases, the sudanese state (unlike today where two SOB generals are ruining it) was in good shape then. They sent both abroad for further medicament but it was a futile.

Cheers!

Although I'm not originally from badiya, I really miss the badiya in Somalia.

When I was at the primary school, back in Somalia, we used to have, "Rihla al Badiya" once every month. Later on, upon finishing my secondary school, I spent teaching literacy and numeracy at a school in badiya, before coming to a town to teach math at an intermediate school to conclude my national service.

Guess what - when I was doing my national service, I was paid plus accommodation and transportation, but nowadays, even kids at the primary school have to pay to get schooled!