Ethiopian News, Current Affairs and Opinion Forum
Fiyameta

⩇⩇:⩇⩇⏳ ኢትዮጵያ 50 ቢሊዮን ዶላር አካባቢ የኤርትራ እዳ አለባት። ⏳⩇⩇:⩇⩇

Post by Fiyameta » 27 Apr 2024, 04:21

⏳ ኢትዮጵያ 50 ቢሊዮን ዶላር አካባቢ የኤርትራ እዳ አለባት። ⏳

When the Derg regime realized that Eritrea's independence was inevitable, it emptied all the banks in Eritrea and moved billions and billions of the Eritrean people's hard-earned money to Ethiopia. Grand theft of grandiose proportions! :x

International laws address the illegal movements of money or capital from one country to another, and imposes obligations on the country that confiscated the money illegally, to return it to their rightful owners.

This has not happened yet, but I guarantee you that it will s⩇⩇n. Trust me on this! 8)

--- --- Wait, that's not all! There's more ---- ---

That is a minor issue compared to what happened next when Eritrea announced to issue its own currency and requested that the TPLF regime, as a government, meet its legal obligations to facilitate a monetary separation process that requires Ethiopia to take back the Birr circulating in Eritrea, and to give Eritrea a foreign currency equivalent to the Birr's exchange rate at the time.

Copies of the formal request was given to Meles Zenawi during his visit to Eritrea and he agreed to take a look at it and respond in the coming days.

Meles' response was, however, a typical agame's response. He said he needed more time to consult with some people in Washington (wink wink), who in turn referred him to the IMF for advise instead. :mrgreen:

The IMF invited representatives of both countries for consultation and provided expert and legal recommendation based on their own experience helping a smooth monetary separation process that took place after Czechoslovakia split into the Czech Republic and Slovakia in 1992.

IMF's experts said, while the Birr circulating in Eritrea was considered an asset, it is a liability (እዳ) for Ethiopia that won't go away, and they recommended that Ethiopia take back its Birr immediately and provide Eritrea with a foreign currency calculated based on the Birr's foreign exchange rate to avoid carrying a balance and rising interest rates. :P

The TPLF however outright rejected IMF's recommendations and requested for World Bank's mediation instead. The World Bank's also made the same recommendations and simply told the TPLF that they have no other choice but to follow international rules and regulations governing monetary separations.

This came as a shock to the TPLF who ignorantly convinced themselves that Eritrea didn't have a viable economy to continue as a stand-alone nation, because all along they were praying for Eritrea to fail as nation so their Abay Tigray Republic dream may rise out of the Eritrean ashes. Ignorance is a bliss. :P

After all the negotiations had failed to bear fruit, Eritrea went ahead with the plan issuing its new currency, the mighty Nakfa, and placed the billions of Ethiopian Birr notes in a storage space awaiting further legal action.

Realizing that they had no other option, the TPLF launched a full-scale invasion of Eritrea under the pretext of a "border dispute," and with the invasion they wrote their own obituary. :|

These being the facts, it won't be long before Eritrea brings the case to the international court of justice demanding Billions of Dollars in compensation. And just as we relied on the truth to win the border arbitration decision, the legal case to recover our asset will also give us one more reason to celebrate the power of truth -- the Eritrean truth. :idea:

The only way for Ethiopia to discharge its debt payment obligation is if it disintegrates into several mini states. I'm praying that it doesn't. 8)

"You didn't think I'd make it that easy, did you?" :mrgreen:

Fed_Up
Senior Member+

Re: ⩇⩇:⩇⩇⏳ ኢትዮጵያ 50 ቢሊዮን ዶላር አካባቢ የኤርትራ እዳ አለባት። ⏳⩇⩇:⩇⩇

Post by Fed_Up » 27 Apr 2024, 12:57

ብቻ? ራሷን መመገብ የማትችል ቅንቅናም አገር ከየት አምጥታ ይሆን የምትከፍለው? ሰላም በሰጡን ጥሩ ነበር ...

Axumezana

Post by Axumezana » 27 Apr 2024, 13:10

Ascari boy,

As usual you intentionally hide all the illegal dollar you accumulated in Eritrea by selling Ethiopian products including Coffee and operating an illegal black market ! You always play victim like serpent!
Do not worry Eritrea shall be abolished and people and land shall be integrated with Ethiopia!

union
Member+

Post by union » 27 Apr 2024, 13:54

That is right. I remember now. 77 ኩንታል አንበጣ ከአርትራ ወደ ቹግራይ ገብቶ ነበር :lol: :lol:

union
Member+

Post by union » 27 Apr 2024, 14:23

Sorry...sorry... I forgot.

11 ኩንታል ደረቅ ቁልቋል ወደ ኢትዮዽያ በመላክ የትግራይን ህዝብ እከክ ከማከክ ታድገዋል። የአስከሪዎች እርዳታን አጋሜዎች አይረሱትም

Misraq

Post by Misraq » 27 Apr 2024, 14:38

skunni idiot fyamental,

Please send my your bank account number. I will send you my fairshare. lemagn dedeb skunni :lol: :lol:

Abdisa
Member+

Post by Abdisa » 27 Apr 2024, 15:21

This doesn't surprise me at all. The agame did everything they could to keep Ethiopia in a never ending debt cycle. But what's shocking to me is that, despite losing every war they started, war has always been their cowardly escape from the problems they create themselves.

Fiyameta

Post by Fiyameta » 27 Apr 2024, 17:21

According to International Laws, a "Back Pay" is a financial compensation entitled to the victim, an amount equal to all or any assets confiscated illegally, payable at the rate of 18% a year in interest, which the victim would have earned or received during the period if the confiscation had not occurred.

18% a year in interest accrued on a debt that is 27 years old, is a hefty sum of money. The longer Ethiopia drags its feet meeting its debt payment obligations, the more it will pay in interest over the lifetime of the debt. Ignorance of the law is no excuse.

Lets hope the G7 countries, at the initiative of the United Kingdom, approve a bailout package for Ethiopia during their next summit. :P

Last edited by Fiyameta on 27 Apr 2024, 20:24, edited 1 time in total.

Fiyameta

Post by Fiyameta » 27 Apr 2024, 21:14

Just a thought.... if cash-strapped Ethiopia decides to offer 1.5 Million agame indentured day-laborers to Eritrea for 30 years to cancel out its debt, we may consider the offer under certain conditions. But I'm in no way suggesting to import that many agame day-laborers into Eritrea, as they would pose a national security threat, not to mention pollute the clean air we breathe in. May be we should just take the money and run. :P