Ethiopian News, Current Affairs and Opinion Forum
sesame
Member+

Can These Ethiopians Who Were Being Bought and Sold Like Cattle Claim to Have Never Been Colonized!

Post by sesame » 04 May 2024, 15:47

One of the most irritating Ethiopian myths is that of never having been colonized. Most of what is called Ethiopia today was in the Stone age until Mengisu's time where life was no better than that of animals. Gragn devastated the rest for 15 years but was defeated by the Portugese. The Brits marched to Meqdella and suicided Tedros. The Italians took Ethiopia but were defeated by the Brits. Somalia would have destroyed Ethiopia in 1977 but the Soviets along with Yemen, Cuba and all Communist block saved it. Agames were about to destroy the unfortunate country but Eritrea came to the rescue. At this point, even a monkey would see the pattern.

In any case, here is a clip of how "Ethiopians" were treating each other. The way of how the blameless Ethiopians are treating each other these days supports the saying that in Ethiopia, the more things change, the more they stay the same

Please wait, video is loading...

TesfaNews
Member+

Re: Can These Ethiopians Who Were Being Bought and Sold Like Cattle Claim to Have Never Been Colonized!

Post by TesfaNews » 04 May 2024, 16:18

The God of this world has rewarded Ethiopia victory after victory first the Adal-Abysinnia war was started by Amdeseyoun who occupied Harar and Zeila in the 1300s Ahmed gragn was able to occupy Gondar and Axum in the 1500s with the help of Arab and Turkish weaponry. Thereafter God sent the Portuguese from Europe to Abysinnia to kill Ahmed gragn. There after Italians invaded and were defeated in 1896 and in 1942 Italians got chased out by the British whom God sent to liberate Ethiopia and hang fascist mussulini and his wife upside down in a mass execution in Italy. When Agame came to Addis with Shabia. Shabia were caught deporting all Ethiopians from Eritrea in 1992 and the agames did the same back... no Ethiopian complained about deportation but Eritreans all complained about deportation... and even without shabia TDF in November of 2022 was already running back to Lalibela from Debre tabor Mesmer. TDF knew it was going to be cut from Tigray. Therefore God pushed and chased TDF back to Alamata out of North Shewa. Sudan also invaded Al Fashaga and is being punished by RSF... Somalia is being punished for calling Ethiopia Yugoslavia the creator has now turned Somalia into Yugoslavia with Somaliland and puntland declaring independence and Al Shabab striking the nail onto the hands of hawiye Somali wa mid

Now God is even making the Galla become the embodiment of Ethiopian Nationalism through Abiy Ahmed

Naga Tuma
Member+

Re: Can These Ethiopians Who Were Being Bought and Sold Like Cattle Claim to Have Never Been Colonized!

Post by Naga Tuma » 04 May 2024, 17:12

sesame wrote:
04 May 2024, 15:47
One of the most irritating Ethiopian myths is that of never having been colonized.

Come on sesame, you can do better.

Let us say it was a myth. Why is it irritating to an Eritrean?

The reality that we say is that Tewodros was never colonized. Zerai was never colonized. Abdisa was never colonized. Belay was never colonized. Balcha was never colonized. The counting continues.

If these are true statements, what makes you argue against the facts of history?

I give you this. To this day, I fail to understand how Isaias was able to defeat Ethiopia’s stronger army.

Ethiopians led the way for the quest to remain free doesn’t mean we remained helpless for the righteous and virtuous calls. By implying that any help for the righteous and virtuous calls makes the facts of history a myth makes your irritation self-inflicted. That is why I say you could do better.

FYI, the “colonizers” lived very dirty lives in cold Europe before they said washing your body with soap is not taboo.

People have treated other people differently over the ages from ancient Egypt to the age of the Colosseum in Rome thereby building Pyramids and arenas.

union
Member+

Post by union » 04 May 2024, 18:03

:lol: :lol:

galo,

Lack of knowledge is your problem. Esayas has never defeated derg, not even for once :lol:

It's the Amara army that was making the derg Pee pee on its pants. It was the general Tefera Mamo's armies that marched into Addis while ascaris were hiding in naqfa for 3 months after Addis was occupied, ascaris were no where close to asmera :lol:

They are only good at making up stories, which costed them 1.66 million organs :lol:
Naga Tuma wrote:
04 May 2024, 17:12
sesame wrote:
One of the most irritating Ethiopian myths is that of never having been colonized.

The reality that we say is that Tewodros was never colonized. Zerai was never colonized. Abdisa was never colonized. Belay was never colonized. Balcha was never colonized. The counting continues.

If these are true statements, what makes you argue against the facts of history?

I give you this. To this day, I fail to understand how Isaias was able to defeat Ethiopia’s stronger army.

Ethiopians led the way for the quest to remain free doesn’t mean we remained helpless for the righteous and virtuous calls. By implying that any help for the righteous and virtuous calls makes the facts of history a myth makes your irritation self-inflicted. That is why I say you could do better.

FYI, the “colonizers” lived very dirty lives in cold Europe before they said washing your body with soap is not taboo.

People have treated other people differently over the ages from ancient Egypt to the age of the Colosseum in Rome thereby building Pyramids and arenas.

sesame
Member+

Post by sesame » 04 May 2024, 18:15

Naga Tuma wrote:
sesame wrote:

It is irritating not just to Eritreans, but every African, because it is used to denigrate them. As I outlined, Ethiopia was lucky to avoid colonization or total destruction, because of external help. You are not a special people. You are now facing a threat of total collapse. Use your "exceptionalism" to get out of the quagmire you find yourself in and I am sure you will earn the respect of others more than by bubbling, ad nauseum, that you have never been colonized even as you stretch your hands for the world to feed your starving masses.

Naga Tuma
Member+

Post by Naga Tuma » 05 May 2024, 14:48

sesame wrote:
04 May 2024, 18:15
Naga Tuma wrote:
sesame wrote:

It is irritating not just to Eritreans, but every African, because it is used to denigrate them. As I outlined, Ethiopia was lucky to avoid colonization or total destruction, because of external help. You are not a special people. You are now facing a threat of total collapse. Use your "exceptionalism" to get out of the quagmire you find yourself in and I am sure you will earn the respect of others more than by bubbling, ad nauseum, that you have never been colonized even as you stretch your hands for the world to feed your starving masses.

I am on the same page with you about the implication of the fact. I remember making the same point elsewhere a while back.

It sounds to me where we differ is whether to add more facts for history without trying to be revisionists about the fact of the past.

We can be considerate about the implication. Do you or anybody else have to be revisionists about the history? Would it be a time well spent to do so?

Zack

Post by Zack » 05 May 2024, 15:09

That Ethiopia was defeated in some wars and battle still doesn’t mean that it was colonised Ethiopia is the only country that wasn’t colonised and it is true dear lad . It’s a very fact because it destroyed the Italian army and remained and remained independence and it is not because they are superior to any one but it ment that it was led by a capable leader king menelik the second who understood politics and diplomacy that is why he was so decisive in the battle for Adwa indeed.

Dr Zackovich