Ethiopian News, Current Affairs and Opinion Forum
TesfaNews
Member+

Italian town of Mendefera, Seraye Awraja in Eritrea still looking like 1940!

Post by TesfaNews » 05 May 2024, 23:54

TesfaNews
Member+

Re: Italian town of Mendefera, Seraye Awraja in Eritrea still looking like 1940!

Post by TesfaNews » 06 May 2024, 00:00

Senafe the capital of Akele Guzai Awraja

almaze
Member+

Re: Italian town of Mendefera, Seraye Awraja in Eritrea still looking like 1940!

Post by almaze » 06 May 2024, 00:15

Let's hold onto the hope that someday, the cities of Mendefera and Senafe will reach the same level of beauty as Dar es Salaam. :lol: :lol: :lol:

TesfaNews
Member+

Post by TesfaNews » 06 May 2024, 01:17

Omarhajr capital of Gashbarka in ruins

TesfaNews
Member+

Post by TesfaNews » 06 May 2024, 01:22

Keren capital of Anseba looking like a nice city to visit for those who miss the 60's

Agazi General

Post by Agazi General » 06 May 2024, 07:00

According 2 king isaias zis is all ethioopias and z west fault. Zat is because he's Neva 2 blame r is wrong.

kerenite

Post by kerenite » 06 May 2024, 15:23

TesfaNews wrote:
06 May 2024, 00:00

Ugum,

I know you hate me being an Eritrean and I hate you likewise.

But today you shared a good clip about the holy month of Romadan and how the citizens of senafe were celebrating it.

Hey, let me share with you a similar story and it goes as follows:

In Keren, we did have Idris Hela (RIP), he was famous for waking up the people for SIHUR, or to be prepared to eat their porridges or what have you at 4 AM early morning beating his drum.

IN 1977 Keren was under the control of issu for at least one year.

At one sad incident and while Idris hela was beating his drum and walking at early morning or at 4 AM, to wake up the people for Sihur, he was stopped by issu soldiers.

Ironically, the one who was rough to him was a tigre guy with the traditional tigre scars on his cheeks.

He asked him in tigrigna, do you have permission for what you are doing? Idris Hela responded:

First of all improve your tigrigna and to educate you, I am doing this for God and I am doing this since the era of the Italians or the British or the sillassie regime or the derg and neither of them have ever asked me If I have a permission to beat a drum at 4AM to wake up the people from sleep so that to be prepared for siyam (tsom)

TesfaNews
Member+

Post by TesfaNews » 06 May 2024, 16:46

kerenite wrote:
06 May 2024, 15:23
TesfaNews wrote:
06 May 2024, 00:00

Ugum,

I know you hate me being an Eritrean and I hate you likewise.

But today you shared a good clip about the holy month of Romadan and how the citizens of senafe were celebrating it.

Hey, let me share with you a similar story and it goes as follows:

In Keren, we did have Idris Hela (RIP), he was famous for waking up the people for SIHUR, or to be prepared to eat their porridges or what have you at 4 AM early morning beating his drum.

IN 1977 Keren was under the control of issu for at least one year.

At one sad incident and while Idris hela was beating his drum and walking at early morning or at 4 AM, to wake up the people for Sihur, he was stopped by issu soldiers.

Ironically, the one who was rough to him was a tigre guy with the traditional tigre scars on his cheeks.

He asked him in tigrigna, do you have permission for what you are doing? Idris Hela responded:

First of all improve your tigrigna and to educate you, I am doing this for God and I am doing this since the era of the Italians or the British or the sillassie regime or the derg and neither of them have ever asked me If I have a permission to beat a drum at 4AM to wake up the people from sleep so that to be prepared for siyam (tsom)
Thanks for sharing to me your primitive ugum story you made up