Ethiopian News, Current Affairs and Opinion Forum
AbyssiniaLady
Member+
Posts: 5845
Joined: 04 Feb 2007, 05:44

Ethiopia would consider building a naval force in the port city of Massawa

Post by AbyssiniaLady » 13 Feb 2022, 13:41

Ethiopia’s government plans to rebuild its naval force over 32 years after it became the most populous landlocked country in the world following Eritrea independence is unnecessary provocation aimed at Eritrea.

An Ethiopian navy is simply impossible, The cost to build and operate a naval force ship fleet would average more than what Ethiopia currently pay to Djibouti in port fees per year, Besides, Ethiopia is overpopulated landlocked country damaged by unending misery and crisis which will eventually disintegrate into many different independent countries.

However, Somalis should encourage Ethiopia to build a naval force base in Somalia or Djibouti, Somalis should entertain the idea that Ethiopia might be able to establish and operate something that looks like a naval force on Djibouti/Somalia's coast, of course with the permission of Somalia, In return Ethiopia will pay a docking fees per ship and rent for one year in advance, Money matters.

The other title was a little harsh.


Somewhere here.
Last edited by AbyssiniaLady on 14 Feb 2022, 07:20, edited 1 time in total.

AbyssiniaLady
Member+
Posts: 5845
Joined: 04 Feb 2007, 05:44

Re: Exploiting Ethiopia mercilessly is the right thing to do

Post by AbyssiniaLady » 13 Feb 2022, 14:03

Ethiopia can build a naval force like this in Djibouti or Somalia's coast.

An amateur naval force like Eritreans.





Somaliman
Member+
Posts: 5471
Joined: 09 Nov 2007, 20:12
Location: Heaven

Re: Exploiting Ethiopia mercilessly is the right thing to do

Post by Somaliman » 13 Feb 2022, 15:42

I wonder whether Ethiopia needs a navy when its people are less likely than anyone else on Earth to have access to a decent toilet, as Ethiopia is currently leading the world in toilet scarcity with 93% of its population lacking a safe lavatory.

Ethiopia needs not a navy but toilets.

The navies of almost all of those landlocked countries, which have a navy, operate on their lakes and rivers, but the unsophisticated clown called Abiy, who is daydreaming too much, wants to have a sea-going blue-water navy - without having any sea!

We, Somalis from Somalia, do not want to have anything whatsoever to do with Ethiopia.

Don't be fooled by the friendship between the two clowns (Abiy and Farmajo). The harmonious relations between them does not reflect on the relation between Somalia and Ethiopia, which is almost non-existent. Until we talk about and heal the past wounds, forge a trust between the two countries, and test such trust, we won't have anything to do with Ethiopia, leave alone renting our bleu sea out to Ethiopia.


euroland
Member+
Posts: 7944
Joined: 08 Jun 2018, 12:42

Re: Exploiting Ethiopia mercilessly is the right thing to do

Post by euroland » 13 Feb 2022, 15:51

AgameLady
Worry about if your mama in Chigray will have her next meal, the expired Canadian wheat in time or not.


AbyssiniaLady wrote:
13 Feb 2022, 13:41

AbyssiniaLady
Member+
Posts: 5845
Joined: 04 Feb 2007, 05:44

Re: Exploiting Ethiopia mercilessly is the right thing to do

Post by AbyssiniaLady » 14 Feb 2022, 07:23

euroland wrote:
13 Feb 2022, 15:51
AgameLady
Worry about if your mama in Chigray will have her next meal, the expired Canadian wheat in time or not.


AbyssiniaLady wrote:
13 Feb 2022, 13:41
People who live in glass houses shouldn't throw stones, There is no war in Eritrea but up to 98 percent of its people have fled because of poverty.

Mekelle is a bustling city while Asmara is a sad desolate city.

AbyssiniaLady
Member+
Posts: 5845
Joined: 04 Feb 2007, 05:44

Re: Ethiopia would consider building a naval force in the port city of Massawa

Post by AbyssiniaLady » 14 Feb 2022, 07:37

Abiy Ahmed's government thinks it can buy second hand warships and start policing its neighbour countries waters but that's not the case, According to the the United Nations Convention on the Law of the Sea, a coastal state is entitled to have full sovereignty over its internal waters, territorial sea, the EEZ and the continental shelf, except that foreign vessels enjoy innocent passage, However, innocent passage can be suspended.

In my opinion, Ethiopia doesn't need a naval force what it need is to make a fishing deal with Somalia and then set up fish processing plant in Somali region which will have the capability to export fish to Africa, the Middle Eastern countries, Europe, the United States of America, Canada etc, Under the fishing deal, Ethiopia will pay Somalia just a sum of money a yearly in return for allowing Ethiopia to fish in Somali's coastal waters, So both sides benefit, It is the best solution to the problem of unemployment in Ethiopia.

Eripoblikan
Member
Posts: 3323
Joined: 15 Sep 2019, 13:49

Re: Exploiting Ethiopia mercilessly is the right thing to do

Post by Eripoblikan » 14 Feb 2022, 09:54

AbyssiniaLady wrote:
13 Feb 2022, 14:03
From ...

"Exploiting Ethiopia mercilessly is the right thing to do"

... to ....

"Ethiopia would consider building a naval force in the port city of Massawa"

You must have forgotten to logout and login using your other alias.

ኣየ ናይ ካድረ ነገር
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Abere
Senior Member
Posts: 11702
Joined: 18 Jul 2019, 20:52

Re: Ethiopia would consider building a naval force in the port city of Massawa

Post by Abere » 14 Feb 2022, 10:02

Some folks are insanely out of their mind. Why would Abiy Ahmed need to build a naval force? To fight whom? He has no enemy at all. He is a friend to TPLF, Sudan, Egypt, Arabs, and of course to his family OLF or aka Shene. Give him a break, he is currently enjoying corruption with his sister Adanetch Abebe. Don't disturb, he is driving the country crazy down the @ss hill Orommuma.

Zmeselo
Senior Member+
Posts: 33606
Joined: 30 Jul 2010, 20:43

Re: Ethiopia would consider building a naval force in the port city of Massawa

Post by Zmeselo » 14 Feb 2022, 10:26

Shermùta, why are you raising this issue at this time when we're celebrating the Fenkil operation which neutralized Mengie's Navy using speed- boats?

But since we're at peace with Ethiopia, we'll refrain from advertizing that in detail.

Btw gaHba, weren't you wailing & biiatching for yemeni fishermen this "amateur navy" took into custody?

And which other navy in the region are you comparing the Eritrean one with, f@ckface?

Ethiopia? Doesn't have one. Djibouti, neither. Nothing impressive with the sudanese & Somali navies, either. Is it the US' heavily subsidized saudi & egyptian navies, you're comparing with? :roll:

Anyhow, since 1991, amateur or not, the Eritrean navy has been able to protect its territorial waters from illegal fishing, piracy, environmental catastrophy, etc etc

What a jealousy ridden, low life!

euroland
Member+
Posts: 7944
Joined: 08 Jun 2018, 12:42

Re: Exploiting Ethiopia mercilessly is the right thing to do

Post by euroland » 14 Feb 2022, 16:25

AbyssiniaLady wrote:
14 Feb 2022, 07:23
euroland wrote:
13 Feb 2022, 15:51
AgameLady
Worry about if your mama in Chigray will have her next meal, the expired Canadian wheat in time or not.


AbyssiniaLady wrote:
13 Feb 2022, 13:41
People who live in glass houses shouldn't throw stones, There is no war in Eritrea but up to 98 percent of its people have fled because of poverty.

Mekelle is a bustling city while Asmara is a sad desolate city.
:lol: :lol:

And yet the remaining 2% Eritreans were able to run over your Chigar kilil in 17 days, occupying every inch of the Chigray LOL. Can you imagine if there were 3% of Eritreans rather than 2%? LOL
That tell us that Agames are useless scambags.

Now, your people in Mekele are eating dead cats and dogs due to starvation; Agames from there are telling the world, there is no one on the streets except a disabled persons and stary dogs and cats; no phone, no electricity, no banks, no gas, no food, no water, no Internet….darn, it worst than hell LOL. Meanwhile in Asmara, people are having Cafes and cakes in the busy and clean streets of Asmara

AbyssiniaLady
Member+
Posts: 5845
Joined: 04 Feb 2007, 05:44

Re: Ethiopia would consider building a naval force in the port city of Massawa

Post by AbyssiniaLady » 15 Feb 2022, 06:44

Meanwhile in Asmara, people are having Cafes and cakes in the busy and clean streets of Asmara.
Cafes and cakes? this must be a desperate joke, then why so many Eritreans are fleeing their paradise country? no need to answer, the whole Africa knows it.

Eripoblikan
Member
Posts: 3323
Joined: 15 Sep 2019, 13:49

Re: Ethiopia would consider building a naval force in the port city of Massawa

Post by Eripoblikan » 15 Feb 2022, 06:54

Should you not be worrying about Adwa, Mekelle or your husband's home city of Muqdishoo?
:lol: :lol: :lol:
AbyssiniaLady wrote:
15 Feb 2022, 06:44
Meanwhile in Asmara, people are having Cafes and cakes in the busy and clean streets of Asmara.
Cafes and cakes? this must be a desperate joke, then why so many Eritreans are fleeing their paradise country? no need to answer, the whole Africa knows it.

Somaliman
Member+
Posts: 5471
Joined: 09 Nov 2007, 20:12
Location: Heaven

Re: Ethiopia would consider building a naval force in the port city of Massawa

Post by Somaliman » 15 Feb 2022, 07:27

Eripoblikan wrote:
15 Feb 2022, 06:54
Should you not be worrying about Adwa, Mekelle or your husband's home city of Muqdishoo?
:lol: :lol: :lol:
AbyssiniaLady wrote:
15 Feb 2022, 06:44
Meanwhile in Asmara, people are having Cafes and cakes in the busy and clean streets of Asmara.
Cafes and cakes? this must be a desperate joke, then why so many Eritreans are fleeing their paradise country? no need to answer, the whole Africa knows it.






Trust me, you're related to the Adwa and Mekelle that you're parroting much more closer than her, as she has nothing to do with them. Neither is she Somali, as I think she's Chinese. Therefore, if you're unable to take her on what she's discussing, as you lack the mental capacity and calibre that this takes, better take your diarrhoea of the mouth somewhere else and shut the fuc.k up.

Just a thought!

AbyssiniaLady
Member+
Posts: 5845
Joined: 04 Feb 2007, 05:44

Re: Ethiopia would consider building a naval force in the port city of Massawa

Post by AbyssiniaLady » 15 Feb 2022, 14:33

A fishing deal with Somalia could be as important to Ethiopia as a trade deal with China or the U.S.A, which mean Ethiopia has potential to become largest seafood exporter to all over the world without having a coastline, It's a win-win situation and possible solutions to unemployment in Ethiopia, therefore a fishing deal with Somalia is more important than a naval force, Building a naval force strictly requires huge finance and expertise.

Somalia is the main hub for tuna, sardines, lobster and octopus catches in the Indian Ocean which has an important upwelling but which is being plundered by industrial vessels from across the world, Iran is a net exporter of frozen seafood solely on the strength of stealing fish from Somali water.

AbyssiniaLady
Member+
Posts: 5845
Joined: 04 Feb 2007, 05:44

Re: Ethiopia would consider building a naval force in the port city of Massawa

Post by AbyssiniaLady » 15 Feb 2022, 15:29

Red Sea Project on maritime security launched

15 Feb 2022

The Regional Programme for Maritime Security in the Red Sea Area (‘Red Sea Project’) has been launched at the Djibouti Regional Training Centreat the (10 February). The project, funded by the European Union, focuses on supporting Djibouti, Eritrea, Ethiopia, Somalia, Sudan and Yemen across four key areas of maritime security:


· domestication of international maritime legislation

· implementation of maritime security measures

· development of a port security management system

· and port State control compliance.

https://www.miragenews.com/red-sea-proj ... hed-725102

AbyssiniaLady
Member+
Posts: 5845
Joined: 04 Feb 2007, 05:44

Re: Ethiopia would consider building a naval force in the port city of Massawa

Post by AbyssiniaLady » 16 Feb 2022, 15:08

Ethiopia needs to build modern navy to maintain national security: Commodore Walatsa

Feb 15, 2022






Addis Ababa, February 15, 2022 (FBC) – Representative of the Chief of the Naval Force, Commodore Walatsa Wacha stressed need to build a modern naval force to maintain national security.

Commodore Walatsa noted that, in building stronger and modern naval force, Ethiopia can train and organize capable seaborne force that would effectively defend the nation from potential internal and external threats of security.

The representative launched a basic maritime training organized for mariners who will take courses in areas of counterterrorism and anti-piracy and other fundamental skills including shipping basic safety, fire and emergency prevention and other practical trainings designed to seafarers.

He said that Ethiopia is training officer aspirants from foreign countries in maritime field in training in Bishoftu Babogaya training academy.


https://www.fanabc.com/english/ethiopia ... re-walatsa

Somaliman
Member+
Posts: 5471
Joined: 09 Nov 2007, 20:12
Location: Heaven

Re: Ethiopia would consider building a naval force in the port city of Massawa

Post by Somaliman » 16 Feb 2022, 15:45

AbyssiniaLady wrote:
16 Feb 2022, 15:08
Ethiopia needs to build modern navy to maintain national security: Commodore Walatsa

Feb 15, 2022






Addis Ababa, February 15, 2022 (FBC) – Representative of the Chief of the Naval Force, Commodore Walatsa Wacha stressed need to build a modern naval force to maintain national security.

Commodore Walatsa noted that, in building stronger and modern naval force, Ethiopia can train and organize capable seaborne force that would effectively defend the nation from potential internal and external threats of security.

The representative launched a basic maritime training organized for mariners who will take courses in areas of counterterrorism and anti-piracy and other fundamental skills including shipping basic safety, fire and emergency prevention and other practical trainings designed to seafarers.

He said that Ethiopia is training officer aspirants from foreign countries in maritime field in training in Bishoftu Babogaya training academy.


https://www.fanabc.com/english/ethiopia ... re-walatsa








The money that this fat animal, who doesn't care about anything else other than keeping his pointless post without purpose or effect, is wasting on meaningless trainings, such as anti-piracy, shipping safety, etc., should be spent on helping those desperate poor Ethiopian youth eating from garbage.

Ethiopia doesn't need any naval force but take care of its youth eating from garbage.

Just a thought!


AbyssiniaLady
Member+
Posts: 5845
Joined: 04 Feb 2007, 05:44

Re: Ethiopia would consider building a naval force in the port city of Massawa

Post by AbyssiniaLady » 19 Feb 2022, 12:43

Russian Navy delegation witness Ethiopia’s effort to build modern navy

February 18, 2022



The Russian navy delegation led by Major General Ostrikov viting ethiopia Navy General Directorate Commodore Walatsa Wacha . Picture: FanaBC


Addis Abeba – A Russian navy delegation said that they witnessed Ethiopia was working to build a modern navy that its citizens can be proud of. The delegation said this after visiting Ethiopian Navy General Directorate and met with officials, according to party affiliated FanaBC.

The Russian government has had good diplomatic relations with the Ethiopian government for many years, and the purpose of this visit is part of that cooperation, the delegation said. During the visit, Major General Ostrikov of the Russian navy delegation to Ethiopia said the delegation has witnessed Ethiopia’s efforts to modernize the Ethiopian Navy and build a strong institution for which Ethiopians can be collectively proud of.

In its whole-rounded efforts to build a strong navy and defense capabilities in the Horn of Africa, Ethiopia can play its own roles in various fields of training, the delegation said.

The Commander-in-Chief of the Ethiopian Navy, Commodore Walatsa Wacha, on his part told the delegation that works were underway to reorganize the navy unit with trained manpower based on other countries’ navy unit and Ethiopia’s previously existing experience as well as the national mandate given to it which has been approved and put into operation by the Defense Forces.

Citing information obtained from the Defense Ministry, the news portal said that an agreement has been reached with the Russian Federation Navy to work together in various fields of training so that Ethiopia can benefit from its navy unit. AS

https://addisstandard.com/asdailyscoop- ... odern-navy

AbyssiniaLady
Member+
Posts: 5845
Joined: 04 Feb 2007, 05:44

Re: Ethiopia would consider building a naval force in the port city of Massawa

Post by AbyssiniaLady » 19 Feb 2022, 13:03

This is the comedy of the century, I think Ethiopia naval force will be based in Russia, As crazy as this sounds, Ethiopia is willing to sacrifice economic growth for the sake of naval force, for the sake of pride, Isn't it amazing? IQ matters.

Abiy Ahmed dreams is unattainable.

Dawi
Member
Posts: 4311
Joined: 30 Aug 2016, 03:47

Re: Ethiopia would consider building a naval force in the port city of Massawa

Post by Dawi » 19 Feb 2022, 13:07

Somaliman wrote:
16 Feb 2022, 15:45
The money that this fat animal, who doesn't care about anything else other than keeping his pointless post without purpose or effect, is wasting on meaningless trainings, such as anti-piracy, shipping safety, etc., should be spent on helping those desperate poor Ethiopian youth eating from garbage.

Ethiopia doesn't need any naval force but take care of its youth eating from garbage.

Just a thought!

-Somali proverb.

Me and my clan against my nation. Me and my family against the clan. Me and my brother against the family. Me against my brother. :lol:

Somaliman wrote:
16 Feb 2022, 15:45
AbyssiniaLady wrote:
16 Feb 2022, 15:08
Ethiopia needs to build modern navy to maintain national security: Commodore Walatsa

Feb 15, 2022



Addis Ababa, February 15, 2022 (FBC) – Representative of the Chief of the Naval Force, Commodore Walatsa Wacha stressed need to build a modern naval force to maintain national security.

Commodore Walatsa noted that, in building stronger and modern naval force, Ethiopia can train and organize capable seaborne force that would effectively defend the nation from potential internal and external threats of security.

The representative launched a basic maritime training organized for mariners who will take courses in areas of counterterrorism and anti-piracy and other fundamental skills including shipping basic safety, fire and emergency prevention and other practical trainings designed to seafarers.

He said that Ethiopia is training officer aspirants from foreign countries in maritime field in training in Bishoftu Babogaya training academy.


https://www.fanabc.com/english/ethiopia ... re-walatsa

Post Reply